.

Monday, April 30, 2012

Laundry workout session

On many occasions in the past, I have mentioned the lack of upper body strength that cyclist (and myself) seem to suffer from. Admittedly, I never really thought that my situation was that bad, as I can generally perform most tasks that involve upper body strength better some (well, I think so anyways). That was up until a few days ago.

At work, we recently discovered that our supply of uniforms had hit situation critical, and with several new staff members starting in the near furure, I had to place an order of shirts to fill the void.

A few days later, around 200 polo shirts turned up, all neatly folded up in boxes. Despite this, the shirts were not organised into sizes, so I had to dig around to find the right shirt. As a result, I decided to pull all the shirts out and fold and sort them into their sizes. I should have let them be.

After about 100 shirts, my arms were tired. I didn't want to pick up any more shirts. I pressed on and eventually got them all sorted but I was wrecked by the end of it. The next day, my arms and shoulders were aching.

Is this what it has come down to? Folding clothes has become an upper body workout? I really didn't think that it was that bad! At least I can save money on Gym memberships. Whenever I want to work on the arms, I can just put through a load of laundry!

No comments:

Post a Comment